Adapting to climate change is our number one priority.
We do this with climate mental health peer support and climate preparedness skill building.
Cascadia Stack is building resilience now so that the next generation is prepared.
In-Person Event: January 27, 2024
Preparedness Workshop in Spanish
More details to be announced....
Climate Resilience Circle, with Tamara Staton.
A 90-minute gathering with peer support for those in the climate movement.
Stay connected, subscribe to the newsletter. We will soon announce details for the January Spanish-language emergency preparedness workshop in Vancouver, WA.
Our contribution to a solution
Cascadia Stack offers climate and disaster preparedness in two ways:
- Climate grief & anxiety support group meetings facilitated by a trained climate resilience professional.
- Education and hands-on, do-it-yourself workshops facilitated by subject matter experts, certified emergency preparedness trainers and community members experienced in their field.
How does climate change make you feel?
Some examples of climate mental health challenges:
- Depression, anxiety, and suicide and suicidal thoughts
- Substance abuse
- Aggression and violence
- Ecoanxiety or ecogrief is the feeling of anxiety, sorrow, or mourning at the current and projected impacts of climate change
- Strains on social relationships
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is one of the most frequently observed impacts of natural disaster events
- Community displacement and migration can occur when entire communities face relocation due to climate change or extreme events. Many people lack the capacity and resources to relocate, which causes additional mental health burdens. Instances of PTSD are likely to double in these situations.
Cascadia Stack's work focuses on these Sustainable Development Goals:
Your gift will go towards out mission. We can spread more awareness and inspire preparedness behavior: Emotionally, and in the household & the neighborhood.
Cascadia Stack is a fiscally sponsored project of
CASCADIANOW! a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
PO BOX 30181, SEATTLE, WA 98113
TAX ID 47-1954164
Thank you! Your gift is tax deductible.
( KEY WORDS: CLIMATE RESILIENCE IN OREGON. CLIMATE ANXIETY IN PORTLAND, OREGON. CLARK COUNTY. MULTNOMAH COUNTY. CLIMATE CHANGE HOODIE. CLIMATE CHANGE TSHIRT. CLIMATE ACTION CLOTHING. CLIMATE ENTREPRENEUR. SOCIAL INNOVATION IN PORTLAND, OREGON. CLIMATE EMERGENCY IN PORTLAND. CLIMATE ADAPTAION UNDERSTANDING. CLIMATE PRPEAREDNESS MEETUP. EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS TRAINING PORTLAND, OREGON VANCOUVER, WASHINGTON. SPANISH EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS TRAINING.)
Project Leader & Founder
Drew Alcoser (they/them) is a recent Portland State University graduate with a Master's Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship. Drew has been immersed in climate advocacy and emergency preparedness learning since 2016. Drew moved to the Pacific Northwest in March 2019 with their wife, 2 cats and a dream to make social change.